- Posted by Mittcom
- On August 22, 2012
- 0 Comments
- ad words management, conversion increase, google ad words service, link building companies, mobile PPC, search engine marketing boston, seo agency, seo company, seo ma, seo services
Are you are on a Pay per Click road to nowhere with no clear strategy or objectives? You will receive equivalent results in return.
New options for Pay per Click Marketing become available daily. Not long ago display and mobile advertising were not even implemented into Paid Search. This market movement creates a need for more than just a PPC strategy on search engines alone, but through all channels. Also it could be time for a website and landing page conversion optimization strategy.
A successful campaign begins with a clear objective. Before a campaign is created, ask yourself what you are looking for in return, and be sure it can be measured. Continue to ask this question as often as possible to avoid getting side tracked in your objectives.
If you are incorporating display with your campaigns, ask what you want to get from the display that you can’t get from search alone. Display campaigns should always be separate from search campaigns, certain situations may call for incorporation, but general practice calls for separate campaigns. The emergence of retargeting has strengthened the need for display more than ever. Having the ability to re-advertise to visitors who have already been to your site is a marketing luxury in 2012, but costs can add up quickly if proper filtering isn’t set up.
Do you even need image ads with your display campaigns? For direct response CPC campaigns, text ads can be extremely successful while being fairly in-expensive in display. If you do need Image ads is it necessary to have image ads created? The Google Rich Media Ad creator not only produces all text ad sizes in just minutes, but all layouts are highly optimized. Whatever ad type you choose to use, remember not to make the biggest PPC mistake, always create a Clear Concise Call-to-Action, like “Call Now,” or “Buy Now.”
Mobile PPC works very well, in 2012, 30%-40% of your PPC leads should be coming from mobile. If mobile isn’t part of your strategy, chances are you are missing out on 30%-40% of your available leads. Always separate mobile from tablet and desktop campaigns as you would separate search from display. Create clear objectives similar to search and display.
Mobile websites and landing pages are almost mandatory for mobile PPC, and the conversions need to be simple (Who wants to download a White Paper on their Phone?). Some accounts don’t perform well on mobile, and the blame is on the Landing Page 90% of the time. Mobile landing pages are evolving quickly, but efforts are not always spent on the mobile pages. Creating a desktop experience on a mobile platform usually leads to failure.. If you are unsure of a mobile paid search destination, don’t rule out Google’s Click to Call. This is when your ad appears on mobile search, but the link is to connect a direct call, no landing page needed!
Lastly, in 2012 with so many new media channels it is incredibly vital to create a conversion optimization strategy. It goes without saying how valuable a 20%-30% increase in conversions could mean to your business, that is the expectation of a proper website conversion optimization strategy. A company website can no longer be a creative design project. If the goal is to generate leads or sales, it has to be judged by how it generates leads and sales. Most websites perform poorly when catering to visitors. Developing a Conversion Optimization Strategy involves A/B testing over and over and discovering the ideal layout to achieve higher conversion rates.
With the on-going planning and implementing required for the PPC campaign and site destination it is clear that a business needs the right agency to handle all of the needs. Mittcom is a Greater Boston Full Service Agency that specializes in Search Engine Marketing.