The Director of Business Development identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with potential clients and partners. They oversee business development initiatives and guide them from the opportunity lead phase through the contract phase. Specific tasks include developing proposal and pitch materials, developing internal marketing materials, and maintaining communications with prospective clients. An ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical to the success of this role. This role reports directly to the agency Owner / CEO, and frequently collaborates with as well as leads others to produce concepts and proposals.
The Director of Business Development manages the pitch process from start-to-finish, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, and creating written RFP responses. They work closely with other internal agency teams to develop proposal and pitch materials, including case studies, initial POVs on prospective clients’ businesses, strategic presentations, SWOT analyses, and all written components of a proposal.
- College degree & at least 5 years of relevant experience required
- Experience in a digital and/or media agency environment, ideally in business development, client services, or strategy.
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals and strategic imperatives and ability to help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the client’s needs.
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials.
- Expertise in business, media sales, or marketing with experience in the field or a related area.
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation though the close.
- Passion for digital and desire to keep up with the latest digital trends.